Saturday, November 16, 2013

Today I Saw Him Walk

Today I saw him walk....
This morning I woke up at a really ungodly hour (4:20am) to drive to see my wonderful fiance graduate from college. It seems like yesterday I was running around in my high school basketball gym, looking over my shoulder to see if my new crush was looking at me...Surely enough he was. :) A few weeks later we started dating at the ages of 18 and 15, not knowing what we were doing or where this relationship would take us. This morning as I reminisced on these past times of mine, I saw the man that Felix has become over those 5 years. God has grown him in so many ways and it is amazing to know that God has completely planned out every single part of his life up to this point. I am so proud. 
Sadly I admit that it was REALLY hard to get up this morning, as I had to force myself off of our living room couch while my alarm buzzed in my ear. Because I had work until 1:30am last night I had gotten home late. Not to mention one of my great friends came over and we studied French for a while then caught up on life. Needless to say, we got about an hour of sleep (literally) then were on our way to Ruston to see Felix walk. 
We packed the car and headed off on our 4 hour journey, exhausted, and with loads of coffee. Hilariously enough, my mom's prediction of our car ride came true. We jammed to Christmas music & our future wedding playlist for about an hour and then...We were OUT COLD. I threw my body on top of my friend's in the back seat and we both fell asleep. It was a good ride up with some great laughs.
....
As we all know, graduation ceremonies are probably the most boring things ever (after horrible PowerPoint presentations). The whole ceremony I couldn't help but look down at my future husband, sitting in his chair, thinking of how proud I was. I zoned in an out of the ceremony, but I thought of how wonderful of a man the Lord has made him in to be and how much he has accomplished in his life thus far. 

The Lord has used him in so many ways around his campus, in the lives of his roommates and friends, and all throughout our church and friends in our hometown. This man has had such a wonderful influence on so many and I couldn't be more proud of him. When they called his name and he walked up to the platform to receive his diploma, we shouted and hollered his name with great pride, and from a far distance I could see a smile on his face. 
So, without further a due, I now introduce to you, my wonderful Fiance...The graduate.


(isn't he cute?)

Here is the most beautiful part of the story: on our way home from Tech, Felix and I were listening to some worship music when he said, "Bek, let's pray! I'll go and pray and thank God for something, then you pray, then i'll pray, and so on." We started to pray and went back & forth thanking God for so many wonderful things and people in our life...Funnily enough, my tired body gave out after a round or two, and I began to dose off while he continued the most beautiful, passionate prayer. Falling asleep to your future husband talking to God is seriously one of the most calming things ever. I cannot wait to marry this man.

He is already the best personal trainer and is going to be rockin' the business soon. He moves into our new home this week and starts his job next week! I am so happy for him and cannot wait to start our lives together. This brings us one step closer! 45 days until the wedding bells ring. I am so pumped!

I love you, Felix.
I am so proud of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search