Saturday, October 19, 2013

"Frumpy" Sweater Friday


I love big,comfy sweaters.
However, sometimes they look frumpy.
I am super excited to show you how to "dress up" your typical "I want to wear a massive sweater today" syndrome. When you usually think of comfy, you think of baggy, warm clothes. I know, I know, yesterday was the perfect weather for that sort of thing. It was windy, everyone was rushing off to their next class, appointment, or event. Well, instead of throwing on the comfiest of sweat pants, I thought to myself,
"how can I utilize my favorite comfy sweater in order to make a stylish/comfy outfit?"

When looking in our closet, we (as woman) usually think "Okay, whats it gonna be today...Cute or comfy?"
Let's just stop right darn tootin' there and realize something...
it can be BOTH people!
Dressing cute is something I love to do, but trust me, I ALWAYS want to be comfy. If I'm not, I want to fidget, I feel uncomfortable, and have to watch how I sit, cross my legs, and blah blah blah.
 So, how can a comfy outfit be transformed
to go the extra mile?


1. SCARF IT UP.
(via me)
1380371_10201050469957185_1944144942_n
 1385803_10201050470237192_2119769586_n
1380433_10201050466997111_1082026448_n 1379464_10201050467277118_1483814739_n
Dixie wanted to help me! Haha.
537294_10201050468397146_1224699188_n
As you can see, I am wearing my comfiest sweater (hand-me-down from Grandma...whattt.) Dressed with my favorite Steve Madden boots, super comfy Levi jeans, and a scarf, this outfit is both super comfy and cute. With all of the browns going on, I decided to throw in another neutral, but a lighter color. The lighter purse adds some interest and it's hip & vintage (which I am all about).
//sweater: via grandma $0//Levi's: $40 on sale// scarf: gift $0//
 Steve Madden boots: Christmas present $0// purse: Burke's outlet: $15//
total cost: $55

2. Make a STATEMENT. 


I am in love with this look for so many reasons. We can dress a typical sweater up in a jiffy. With one accessory, all can change!! Look at how beautiful this statement necklace makes this outfit. BAM. This is probably my favorite accessory nowadays. I love me some statement necklaces. Tshirt, sweater, v-neck? No matter what "plain-jane" top you have hanging in your closet, a STATEMENT NECKLACE can easily fix that! 

3. Throw a HAT on. 


Ya wanna know the best thing about this fix? Alot of us have bad hair days too! This is an easy way to make a statement and look HIP too! I love this look and I'm so excited about it because I just bought a hat like this for myself. Here is my recent purchase from Target!! I'm a little happy about it because all of the comparable hats were over $40 bucks...Thank God for Target! I can't wait for it to come in...

Check it out HERE.

4. Tie/Loop a BELT around that frumpy thing.

Belts are an easy way to dress up and outfit and accentuate those curves!! Sometimes your body can be ultimately hidden in a sweater, but with a belt, that's outside of the question! Throw on some loafers or flats to finish this outfit, and you're golden!

5. Throw it over your favorite CHAMBRAY or BUTTON-UP.

Paired with this amazing chambray top and a necklace that I'm head over heels for, this is a win-win outfit. Nothing more to say.

Well, there you have it ladies! The comfiest sweater in your closet can now be transformed into 5 different looks! 
It's the weekend....
Go grab your favorite sweater, run around town with the joy of Jesus,
and snap a shot of your fun! Send me the looks you come up with and I'll feature them!
More than anything (fashion or frumpy sweaters), be sure to glorify the Lord in all you do today. Make Him the Lord of all you do!
Also, be sure to check out WHY SHE SING's blog today...It's about sweaters, too! 

With Love 
Beka

"charm is deceitful and beauty is passing,
But a woman who fears the Lord, she shall be praised."
Proverbs 31:30



1 comment:

  1. Love the scarf! I also love the idea of belting it:)
    -becca

    ReplyDelete

Search